I have completed my Level 2 qualification overseas; can this be accepted as a pre-requisite to the UEFA B Licence?

Following the UEFA convention 2020 review, all Home-Nations (FAW, SFA, IFA, FAI) qualifications that are equivalent to our UEFA C Licence will now be accepted and can be awarded onto the learners FAN. Learners’ completion of a Home Nation Qualification must be from 2018 onwards;

- Irish FA (IFA) - UEFA C Diploma

- Republic of Ireland FA (FAI) – National C Licence

- Scottish FA (SFA) – Scottish FA C Licence


If you have completed a UEFA C qualification with another Football Association, this can be accepted once verified with the original Association the qualification was completed with. 

In order for the qualification to be accredited to your FAN, please email over a copy of your certificate to education@thefa.com, along with details of the Football Association this was completed with. 

Please be aware, the FA does not accept any qualifications completed overseas that are not accredited by UEFA at this time.

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.