Support Home

I have a Criminal Record check from another organisation; do I need to complete one through The FA too?

If you have a Criminal Record Check (CRC) from outside football which you wish to bring into football, you may not need a new one, provided it meets the portability criteria:

• It is has been registered for the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) update service

• It is for the right work force (child) 

There is a one-off charge of £20 for ‘porting’ a CRC from outside football into The FA. 

For most volunteers it is quicker and cheaper to apply for an FA CRC. If your CRC meets the above criteria please contact The FA CRC team on or 08452 108080. 

Otherwise you can apply for an FA CRC in one of the following ways: 

1. If you are attached to a club, contact your club welfare officer who will be able to give you access to their online portal. They will have the ability to verify the documents you need to submit in support of your application

2. Contact your local County FA welfare officer who will be able to assist you

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.